Philadelphia, PA 19104 US
Calling all Registered Nurses looking to make a home in a nationally ranked hospital system! GHR, in partnership with Penn Medicine, is seeking dedicated and experienced RNs to work in Penn Medicine’s Internal Travel Pool. This is a permanent staff position at a premier hospital system with excellent pay working alongside some of the top medical professionals in the country.
General Healthcare Resources is a nationwide staffing agency with a strong presence in the Philadelphia area here to help you find the job that’s right for you! This is a direct hire opportunity with Penn Medicine. With the support of GHR, you get all the benefits of your recruiter through the application process while going into a permanent position with the #1 hospital in Pennsylvania! RNs must be flexible and willing to float between facilities. Currently this includes the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Lancaster General Hospital, but it is expected to expand to include all Penn Medicine acute care entities.
Penn Medicine and GHR are dedicated to creating a positive working environment to deliver the best patient care possible. Benefits are extended to all full-time employees and prepaid tuition assistance programs are also available. Come be a part of the team that is committed to advancing medicine for the benefit of all!
- Practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse 2 position description addendum.
- Exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
- Independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly.
- Demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below).
- Works closely with the inter-professional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- Seeks feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice. The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Required to be available on short notice to flex to different locations within Penn Medicine and flex to different schedules as the needs of the organization dictate.
- Flexibility is an essential function of this position.
- Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in cooperation, coordination, and collaboration to provide safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams.
- Professional Practice Competency Domains Definitions
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
- Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
- Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
- Person and Family Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values and needs.
- Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
- Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Technology/Informatics: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- More than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable.
Ready to start living your life’s work with Penn Medicine? Call GHR’s Rachel Bloemker at 484-567-9504 and click the link below to apply:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.